Thursday, April 20, 2006

Chopped Herring

I feel it is time to explain the URL of this blog... chopped herring. Many of you may not know what it is or why a blog is named chopped herring.... I will explain.

First, my blog used to have the URL of my name. After a while, I figured this was probably not the smartest idea. There's always a chance that can get me into trouble one day. So, the task of gererating a new domain name fell upon Rachel, my fiance. After many, many suggestions, I chose Chopped Herring. Here are my reasons why:

First, "Chopped Herring" is a nice sounding phrase. It's the kind of phrase that Dave Barry would say is a good name for a rock band. It rolls right off the tongue.

Second, and this is very important, I LOVE CHOPPED HERRING! I really, really do. It's a wonderful combination of bottled herring, eggs, crackers, and other secret ingredients. If you've never had chopped herring, you really can't consider your existence on this planet a "life". You should get up right now, run to your nearest Jewish deli (or Jewish grandmother) and get some... don't worry... I'll wait.

So, while I've only given two reasons for the URL name, which is clearly not enough for a good grade on my TAAS exam, it will do.

No comments: